Saturday 14 July 2012

At last, a Zine online

Those of you who visit this blog will quickly realize that my talent lies in fine motor skills and not in operating computers. And so I must thank my new friend
e. war, the human behind "Look Mum!" Distro, for being super tech-savvy and putting one of my zines up online.
e. war can also be thanked for inviting me to Guelph, where I have just had the pleasure of presenting my cervix to a group of admiring workshop participants (thanks to all who came out!), and for reviewing Franklin and other zines of mine in the upcoming Burn Pile.

You can find a printable version of my zine
"In Which Franklin the Turtle Meets the Spice Girls" 

This particular zine was written and illustrated by yours truly. It is a sexy story about a sex worker having an unexpected experience with an older client.

Hopefully soon the whole distro will be available online. For the moment, if you want any copies of my zines, please send me an email.  My self produced zines include:


Sex on the Beach: in which two queers get blackfly bites and don't really mind - another sexy story featuring two anarchist organizers and a sexy outdoor setting

Masturbation Insurrection - A pocket-sized manifesto for self-love, complete with gruesomely sexy line drawings.


Never Again: A Treatise on Dwindling Abortion Access in Canada - complete with disturbing politics, funny pro-choice slogans, and fun facts about the christian right in Canadian politics.

At Your Cervix (revised ed.) - the companion zine to my Public Cervix Announcement workshop, the spelling mistakes having been cleared up and the confusing political rant made slightly more intelligible since the first edition. This zine describes some of the history and current climate of medical control over people with cervixes, as well as the necessity for self care. It contains step-by-step instructions for conducting your very own cervical self-exam. You may also order a speculum to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment